My blog of progress, and or failure as I attempt making a music project.

Friday, August 22, 2008

I am just looking for an exit

What an inspiring event that Turn Thieves (my friend's amazing band) should release their new songs last night. I am pushing for a release late tonight, tomorrow, or at very very latest Sunday. Unless something unforeseen should happen.

I am 90% sure that the name of the project is Miner's Canary.

Status Report:

Design for myspace: 50%

A Opening Parenthesis: 100% (Probably no chances of making major changes)

Everything Between: 98% (just a few more run throughs and volume tweaks)

A Closing Parenthesis: 90% (one more vox track, and master eq needed)

My ace in the hole for A Closing Parenthesis is my vocal accompaniment from my dear friend Steven Gray (Turn Thieves' Vocalist and guitarist), and my dear girlfriend Kim Hovencamp. One of my philosophies of doing these three songs was to go it solo, which I did for the most part. But I really couldn't of done it without these two people. To listen to my songs in progress, and give me some advice and encouragement.
Kim really helped me out with my singing. Steven was a huge encouragement and exactly what I needed to pull through. I decided to reveal their involvement because I figure that no one will read this without first listening. So Hopefully its still a surprise.

I need to eat and mix! Fortunately I was given the day off!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Raji I am so proud of you and I am amazed at how far you've come. Your music is beautiful. I will always be here to help you.